How to automate processes efficiently?
It is common in companies to hear talk of "process #automation", and this is certainly due to the implementation of technology in tasks that were previously carried out entirely by a human being. These processes are improved and/or become more efficient, aided by the use of technological programs, #software, machinery to perform various tasks, and storage #systems, among others.
Automating processes requires, in most cases, the support and collaboration of the #IT team, either to develop specific and unique programs, and/or adapt technological packages that are sold for different areas and sectors, and adapt them to the needs of the companies.
There are several advantages offered by process automation, among the most important are:
• Control of the operation in different areas
• Reduction of Errors and Costs
• Efficient workflow between areas, therefore greater productivity.
• Generate relevant data in each process that help in decision making
• Fulfillment of tasks in a timely manner
Whether the company is facing a first process automation, or looking for an update/improvement of the same, it is important to take into account certain aspects, so that said automation is carried out in the most efficient way:
1. Carry out a general analysis of the situation: The process to be automated must be determined, identifying the area or areas involved, as well as the number of people who take part in the process. Clearly identify the main objective that the process fulfills, and be clear about the points that are carried out productively, as well as those that require attention due to the lack of productivity that existed until before automation.
2. Identify the technological options that facilitate the realization of the process: Knowing in detail the process that you want to automate, you can identify, together with the IT team, the technologies that are already developed in the market, to help automation, as well as determining if a technological development tailored to the needs of the company is necessary.
3. Involve in the change, all the personnel who participate directly and indirectly in the development of the process: The more involved staff feel in the proposed process automation changes, the easier and faster they will be to implement.
4. Carry out implementation tests: Before making a total change to the #automation of the identified process, it is important to test its implementation in different stages to avoid errors and to be able to correct any deviation.